View Mobile Site


Where is the Barrow County News office located?
We are at 189 West Athens Street, Winder. The office is located in Holly Hill Mall on the corner closest to the Barrow County Schools’ Professional Development Center.
What are the office hours?
Normal business hours are 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How often is the Barrow County News published?
We publish two times per week with editions on Wednesday and Sunday. Online news is updated more frequently.


How can events be publicized in the Barrow County News or online at
Online, you can add items to our calendar of events by going to the “community” section and following the prompts for posting an event. For print publication, mail details of your event to P. O. Drawer C, Winder, GA 30680, or email to the appropriate department in our newsroom by using the “contact us” button at the top of the Home page. All items submitted are subject to review and editing, and not all items can be published or posted online.
How can I have a letter to the editor published?
Mail your letter to P. O. Drawer, C, Winder, GA 30680, or email using the “contact us” button on the Home page. Letters should be short and to-the-point and must include the name of the author, address (only the city of residence is published) and a contact telephone number for verification. All letters are subject to editing. To be published or posted, a letter must address an issue of general interest. Form letters, letters written to a third party and copied to the Barrow County News, poems and consumer complaints will not be published. All letters are subject to review for appropriate content.
What is the Barrow County News obituary policy?
Basic death notices are published free of charge. The cost for paid obituaries depends upon the number of words, with a rate of $75 for the first 200 words (or part thereof). An online guest book is a feature of all paid obituaries and is included in the cost. All death notices and paid obituaries are posted online. Death notices and obituaries are only accepted from funeral homes or crematory societies.

Classified Advertising

How much does it cost to run a classified ad?
The cost for running a classified ad depends on its type, size and the number of times it will appear, whether in print or online. Rates are based on the number of lines in the ad, plus any additional charges for special features such as bold face type. For more information, or to speak with someone about designing or wording your ad, call our offices at (770) 867-7557, or click below to submit your ad copy by e-mail. A classified advertising representative will contact you with pricing and options.
How many characters are there per line?
The answer varies, depending on several factors, such as capitalization and bold faced type. In general there are about 23-28 characters per line including spacing. Do I have to prepay for classified advertising? All ads placed online or by phone have to be prepaid, unless an account has previously been established.

Retail Advertising

How do I place an ad in the Barrow County News print edition or online?
Contact us by telephone or e-mail and we will assign a representative to your account.
How much does it cost to advertise?
Retail advertising rates are determined by the size of the ad and the frequency with which it publishes or appears. There are many different pricing package options that provide discounted rates for more frequent advertising, or for combining print and online advertising. Your sales representative will be able to explain all pricing options and suggest what might work best for your specific needs.
Do I have to design my own advertisement?
No. We have a talented staff of graphic designers who can create ads based on your ideas for you to review.


How do I get the newspaper delivered to me?
If you live in Barrow County you can have the newspaper delivered to your home by carrier. If you live outside Barrow County you can have the newspaper delivered by mail. Contact Customer Service at (770) 867-7557 for details and pricing.
What should I do if I do not receive my newspaper?
If you fail to receive the newspaper, or receive an unreadable copy, call our customer service department at (770) 867-7557 between 8:30 AM and 1:00 PM Wednesday, Thursday or Friday or between 9:00 and 1:00 PM Sunday and we will have a paper redelivered to you. If you contact us at any other time we will be glad to credit your account for that day’s paper.
Can I stop my delivery if I'm out of town?
Yes, call our customer service department and you can select from three available options: Vacation Stop: Your carrier will be asked to stop delivery during the time you're away and your account will be credited for the days delivery is suspended by extending your current expiration date. Vacation Pack: Your carrier will be asked to save all papers while you're away and deliver them all when you return. Vacation Donation: We will donate your papers while you're away to our Newspapers in Education for use by classroom students.
Can I order back copies of the newspaper?
Yes you can either order a specific day’s newspaper through Customer Service or you can register and search our online archives and download selected articles. Back copies are limited, and often demand exceeds demand.

Contents of this site are © Copyright 2015 Barrow County News, Winder, Ga. All rights reserved. Privacy policy and Terms of service

Powered by
Morris Technology
Please wait ...