The two people killed Thursday afternoon in an airplane crash at the Barrow County airport have been identified.
Shannon Ewing, of Dacula, and his nephew, Henry Ewing, of Jones County were killed sometime early Thursday afternoon when the small airplane they were flying in crashed in a wood line off Runway 13 near Ga. 82. Both victims were adults.
Barrow County Emergency Services responded to calls of the crash around 2 p.m. and the investigation has been turned over to the Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board. It has not been determined yet how the crash occurred or whether it was taking off or landing, according to an FAA spokesperson.
Latest Top Stories & Breaking News:All Top Stories & Breaking News »
- BOC votes to renew, expand Ft. Yargo lease
- Expletive hurled at Board of Commissioners over speeding on Cash Road
- Commissioners approve re-zonings for subdivisions
- Funding for public defender’s office approved
- Commissioners approve LMIG money for road work
- BOC approves purchase of mowing equipment
- Solar farm rezoning approved